An `AI in Design' View of Design
Every design system can be given an initial characterization in terms of a few key attributes. These features correspond to the first questions asked about every project and are meant to create the context in which we place the entire information about the system.
- What is the application domain of the design system?
- What kinds of applications does the system target?
- What types of development tools were used?
- What type of hardware is needed to run the system?
- Are there any similar design systems? What are the similarities?
- Is the system an autonomous design tool?
Up : Next
/Papers/IJDC/sect2.html Tue May 20 19:54:45 EDT 1997