In class, Nov. 15, 2013
Information about Exam 1 - B Term 2013
- "Cheat sheet":
You can have your own 8.5"x11" piece of paper with your notes on both sides
during the exam.
Other notes, books, calculators, computers, cell phones, ... won't be allowed.
- Topics covered by this Exam:
- This exam is cumulative. It includes all the topics covered since the
beginning of the term EXCEPT for divide-and-conquer and recurrences
(divide-and-conquer and recurrences will be included in Exam 2).
- Textbook chapters and sections included in the exam:
- Chapter 1: all sections
- Chapter 2: sections 2.1-2.2 only
- Chapter 3: all sections, except for small-oh and small-w notations.
- Lecture topics and resources.
Study closely all the resources posted on the course Lecture Notes webpage for the following topics (included slides, handouts, solutions to previous
exams and homework assignments):
This term's HW2 Solutions
- Take advantage of
the numerous office hours before the exam.
- Needless to say, this will be an individual exam.
No collaboration will be allowed.
- Remember to show your work and explain your answers.
Correct answers without complete explanations won't receive full credit.
Incorrect answers with explanations may receive some partial credit.