Mission: CAIN is a network of global researchers with expertise in cardiology, cardiac surgery, global health and data science focused the use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) to democratize cardiovascular care globally particlarly in Low and Middle Income Countries (LMIC).
Current Research Areas
- Cardiovascular sickle cell disease
- Rheumatic Heart Disease
- Aortic Stenosis (Structural Heart Disease)
We plan to gather Echocardiogram and EKG datasets and make them available to the global community to advance research in cardiovascular conditions and pathologies disproportiately affecting LMIC patients.
- Professor Emmanuel Agu, WPI CS Dept. and Data Science Program (co-Director)
- Dr Jacques Kpodonu, Cardiovascular Surgeon, Harvard Medical School (Co-Director)
- Ali Benamara, PhD Student (part-time), WPI CS Dept.
- Abdul Abdulramani, PhD Student, WPI Data Science Program
Sponsors & Partners