IMGD 4100 (B 11)
Homework Assignment #1
Hello West World
Due by Web Turn-In: Midnight, Weds, October 26
(See general homework instructions for turn-in details.)
The purpose of this assignment is to get you up to speed as quickly as possible with the software tools that you will need for the homework assignments and to shake down the homework submission process:
- If you don't already have Visual Studio 2010, download and install it as follows. (You will need to use VPN to do this if you are off campus. But be warned, the download could take many hours on a slow connection!)
Use Map Network Drive and click on Install Visual Studio 2010 Shortcut to install.
Start Visual Studio.
Pull down Help on the tool bar and click on Check for Updates.
- Download the zip file containing all source code from course web page.
- Unzip the file, making sure to preserve file paths.
- Open the Microsoft Visual Studio Solution file (extension ".sln") in the
- Make sure Visual Studio is in Debug mode (drop-down box next to green "play" button in Standard Toolbar).
- Build Solution (F7). There should be no errors or warnings.
- Start Debugging (F5). Let program run until "Press any key to continue" is displayed.
- Make record of successful run:
- Right click on header bar of console window
- Edit > Select All
- Press Enter to copy
- Paste into Notepad
- Save file
- Move input focus to console window and press any key. Program should exit normally.
- Upload saved file above to Web Turn-In.
Please post any questions to the myWPI forum for the course.
- Full credit (3 pts) if correct output turned in on time.