Individual Projects Submission
These are the instructions for submitting the individual projects:
The submission and grading process has three steps:
All of these must be completed by 11:59pm on the day due.
- Online submission of packaged game (or project folder for Pathfinding only).
- Online submission of source code.
- Scheduling one-on-one demonstration of your project with the TA.
1. Submission of Packaged Game (or Project Folder for Pathfinding Only)
For all projects except Pathfinding, create a packaged game according to the
Unreal Engine instructions. Also note the following:
For the Pathfinding project only, create a ZIP file containing your complete UE4 project folder. Because part of this project involves placing waypoints in the level editor, you will need to run UE4 to demonstrate it.
- Build this in "Debug" mode to preserve the console messages you may have.
- Test that the .exe created runs outside of your UE4
- If the game runs but you get a "black screen" with
a red reticule in it, try one (or both) of the following:
- In your
DefaultEditor.ini, find the line
"bDontLoadBlueprintOutsideEditor=true" and change it to
- In project settings, select "Maps and Modes". There are two
dropdown menus for setting a map, so set both to the map for your
game game. In particular, do not have one set to the starter map,
which is all black.
Upload a ZIP (only!) file containing the complete packaged game folder (or the complete project folder for Pathfinding only) to your favorite website for distributing
large files, such as WeTransfer, Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, MediaFire,
2. Submission of Source Code
Prepare a ZIP (only!) file containing the following:
Submit this ZIP file under the appropriate project assignment at InstructAssist.
- All your source code (.cpp and .h) files for your game.
Make sure your code is well-structured and commented;
failure to do so will result in a loss of points.
- Screen shots of any significant Blueprints you implemented.
- A README.txt file providing:
- The URL where the packaged game (or Pathfinding project) zip file has been uploaded.
- (For Quickstart only) A short description of the additional 10% extension to the FPS
tutorial game. You should detail the functionality added and
briefly indicate where to find the code written. Note that you do not need to submit your code for the Editor Quickstart or the Programming Quickstart.
N.B. Don't forget to press "Upload File" as the last step of uploading! If successful, you should see a line similar to:
Creator Upload Time File Name Size Status Removal
Smith 2016-04-25 11:12:23 smith.zip 3718 KB On Time Delete
3. Schedule TA Demonstration
In addition to submitting your project materials online as above,
you must arrange a time for a one-on-one demonstration with the TA, which will assist them in grading.
At InstructAssist, select
Tools > Demonstrations - List > Project-..., and then
reserve an available slot.
Demonstrations will be:
- In the Zoo lab (unless arranged in advance to be elsewhere)
- Done within 15 a minute slot.
- Will be done on computers there
- Show successful running of the game extension (robust,
clearly added demonstration of game)
- Will include code walkthrough of added functionality
N.B. Show up to your slot early! The TA will have your submitted source code from InstructAssist and the package game (or Pathfinding project folder) already downloaded to his desktop for demonstration and explanation.
Last modified: Mon Apr 3 13:13:27 EDT 2017