EMailing Prof. Gennert
michaelg AT wpi DOT edu
- Please observe proper netiquette.
- I will try very hard to reply to all reasonable messages and requests.
- If we are Facebook friends, then of course u shd rite like that 2
me. LOL. But only if.
- If we do not know each other, starting a message with "Dear
Prof. (or Dr.) Gennert," would not be inappropriate, especially from
(prospective) students. On the other hand,
starting with "Hi." or "Yo." is inappropriate.
- Do not write "I need you to ...". No, you don't.
- Spam will not help your cause.
Sending the same message to every member of the department saying
how much you want to work with us is spam.
- Spelling, grammar, and punctuation count. Even in
email. Except from smartphones.
- The only social media I use are Facebook for family & friends and LinkedIn
for professional contacts.
- If we have never met then you are probably neither.
WPI CS Home Page
WPI Home Page