||THIS PROJECT SHOULD BE DONE IN YOUR PROJECT TEAMS!
In this project, you will continue to work on your Jäger game, this time focusing on adding movement code
for the Ghoulies, as well as a Heads-Up Display (HUD).
There are two parts to this project: a "Preparation" part, and a "New Stuff" part.
Build and run your code-base from Project 2 before making any of the changes required for Project 3. (pretty easy, eh?)
- You will implement Ghoulie movement, during regular play, good-mushroom play, and bad-mushroom play. Read the original project
description for what these mean.
- You will implement code to appease a given Ghoulie by hitting it with thrown Gummies in the proper color sequence.
- You will implement code to have Ghoulies steal and redistribute gold when they collide with the player.
- You will create a user interface to display the player's state to the user.
You need to include elements showing:
- Gold being carried,
- Mushroom time/type,
- Which RGB Gummies you need to throw when a given Ghoulie appears,
- Status messages.
Use the Unity forums for help, as well as talking to the TA. He has built a version of the full game, and can help point
you in the right direction.
||You must create adequate documentation, both internal and external, along with your project.
The best way to produce internal documentation is by including inline comments. The preferred way to do this
is to write the comments as you code. Get in the habit of writing comments as you type in
your code. A good rule of thumb is that all code that does something non-trivial should have comments
describing what you are doing. This is as much for others who might have to maintain your code, as for
you (imagine you have to go back and maintain code you have not looked at for six months -- this WILL
happen to you in the future!).
I use these file and function (method) headers, in
my code. Please adopt these for all your projects.
Create external documentation for your program and submit it along with the project. The documentation
does not have to be unnecessarily long, but should explain briefly how you altered the source files, and
which art assets you created.
All documents are to be submitted electronically via turnin by 11:59pm (Midnight)
on the day the assignment is due.
- Build a web player executable for your modified game:
- Select Demo scene
- File > Build Settings > Web Player > Build
- Test the web executable by clicking on the .html file in the folder created by
the build command. If the TA tries to run your demo and it does not run, you will fail this assignment.
- Copy all of the scripts (not art assets, if any) that you created or modified to the folder created
by the build command above. You can organize these into subfolders if you wish.
Do NOT try to zip up the complete Unity demo, including all the art assets, because the file will be too
big for turnin!
- Prepare a plain text file, README.txt, in which you briefly describe the changes and extensions you have made to
the demo code. Be specific about which classes and methods you have modified or added, and what you were trying
to achieve. Add the README.txt file to the web folder.
- Zip the web folder. Thus we can play the game to see what it does and look at your scripts to see what you've done.
- When you are ready to submit, zip everything up into a single archive file.
Name the file Lastname1Lastname2_proj3.zip.
You will use the Web-based "Turnin" facility to submit your work. Information
about submitting can be found here:
Choose one of your team members to submit the document.
Your WPI user ID should be used to login, and you should have been emailed a password.
The Turnin assignment ID is proj3.
Taking credit for work you did not do or getting unauthorized help on assigments or exams is cheating.
- If you are in doubt, ask the instructor first!
- Cheating is a serious offense, punishable by an automatic NR for the course.
- Remember the policy on Academic Honesty: You may discuss the
project with others, but you are to do your own work. The official WPI statement
for Academic Honesty can be accessed