Due Date: Sept. 15, 2009 at 10:00 am
See course policy regarding late homework submissions
- Homework Instructions:
- Read Chapters 1, 2, and 3 of the textbook in detail.
- This is an individual homework. No collaboration is allowed.
- Submit a hardcopy of your written homework solutions by the
beginning of class (i.e., 10:00 pm) the day the homework is due.
- Remember to show your work and explain your answers.
Correct answers without complete explanations won't receive full credit.
Incorrect answers with explanations may receive partial credit.
- See the course webpage for
the late homework submission policy.
- Homework Problems: Solve the following problems from your textbook:
- Chapter 2: Problems: 1, 4, 5 (see note below), 8, 14, 16, 25, 26, 29, 34, 40, 41. (10 points each)
On Problem 5, assume that
L0 denotes the set of all of the strings in the language L that are
generated with zero applications of the recursive step (i.e., the basis),
L1 denotes the set of all of the strings in the language L that are
generated with one applications of the recursive step, and
L2 denotes the set of all of the strings in the language L that are
generated with two applications of the recursive step.
- Chapter 3: Problems: 2, 6 part (c) only, 8, 25, 32, 34, 37, 38. (10 points each)