Under a special arrangement with the Registrar, students can start in CS 1102 and, without penalty, switch over to the novice course, CS 1101, up through the midpoint of the term, should they find the pace of CS 1102 too fast:
- CS 1101 moves at roughly half the speed of CS 1102 (see syllabus for details). This means that if you transfer, you will not be behind in CS 1101.
- CS 1101 is taught by Glynis Hamel at 9am and at 10am MTRF in Perrault Upper Hall (next door to where CS 1102 is taught at 9am).
- CS 1101 lab sections meet on Weds starting at 8am through 3pm.
- The last day to transfer to CS 1101 will be Thurs, Sept 20. Grades on the CS 1102 midterm will be posted in myWPI by the end of the day on Tuesday, Sept 18.
- In order to transfer, you must meet with Glynis Hamel (bring a
drop/add form to the meeting). Her office hours in Fuller Labs 132 are posted here. Send email to ghamel at wpi dot edu only if you cannot make any of
these office hours.
- While you are waiting to finalize your transfer, start attending one of the
CS 1101 lectures immediately. In fact, if you are not sure, and you are free at 10am, you can go to both course lectures for a while until you decide!
- Let your homework partner know you are transferring (or planning to transfer), so they are not left high-and-dry working on the current homework alone (think of yourself in their shoes).
- When you have finalized your transfer, send email to
cs1102-staff at cs dot wpi dot edu---if you don't do this, you won't get credit for your
completed work in CS 1102! This will also remind us to assign a new homework partner.