CS4513 Practice Final Exam
- What is the approximate median size of a response size
and a request size?
- What is the trend in Web request sizes and response sizes?
- Briefly describe the tradeoff between
consistency and responsiveness in networked games.
- How can the use of a Nimbus and Focus help
reduce network game traffic?
- What is packet replay as a form of cheating? Provide
an example. How can it be prevented?
- What do the authors mean by simultaneous simulation?
How does it help reduce network traffic?
- What do the authors mean in the lesson "Know Your User"?
Provide an example.
- What is a hybrid versus a pure peer-to-peer
system? Why is a hybrid system easier to construct?
What drawbacks might it suffer?
- How is the "sharing" of peers in seti@home different
from that of other P2P systems?
- What was the major difference between the Napster
and Gnutella crawlers the authors used?
- What evidence did the authors have that Napster
peers deliberately mis-reported their bandwidth?
Why would the Napster peers do so?
to the CS4513 Home Page