CS 3133, A Term 1998
Foundations of Computer Science
Homework 0 (due Sept. 1)
This page is located at http://www.cs.wpi.edu/~alvarez/CS3133/HW0.html
Do the problems listed below. Solutions for this and all subsequent
homework assignments should be legible and coherent. Arguments
should be sufficiently clear and airtight so as to convince a
skeptical but reasonable jury (for instance, the professor and
Solutions should be written on only one side of each sheet of paper.
Separate sheets should be stapled.
- The second exercise in the "recursion and induction" section at
- Exercise 1, p. 49 of the textbook.
- Exercise 8, p. 49 of the textbook.
- Exercise 14, p. 50 of the textbook.
- Exercise 19, p. 50 of the textbook.