Tenure Track (and Non-Tenure-Track Teaching) Faculty Positions Available in Computer Science
Description of Non-Tenure-Track Positions (New as of Mid-December 2014)
We seek to hire full-time non-tenure-track faculty for the Fall of 2015. The department is interested in applicants with teaching and project advising expertise in all areas of Computer Science, but is particularly interested in applicants with experience in Software Engineering&Design and Cybersecurity.
Follow this link for a Cybersecurity Program Manager and Teaching Position for more information and to apply.
Follow this link for the Computer Science Teaching Position for more information and to apply.
Successful teaching faculty candidates will teach and advise projects at the undergraduate and graduate levels as well as be a contributing member of a collegial department with nearly 30 full-time faculty members. Candidates will need to include teaching statements, vitae and contact information for at least three references. Review of applications for non-tenure track positions will begin immediately and remain open until the positions are filled.
Description of Tenure-Track Positions
Looking for faculty colleagues who engage deeply in both teaching and research within a curriculum that embraces student projects and independent learning? Consider joining the faculty at WPI.
The Computer Science Department anticipates hiring multiple tenure-track faculty for the Fall of 2015 whose expertise is in the following areas:
- Cybersecurity including network, system, or software security, software reliability and usable security;
- Algorithms, particularly individuals with collaboration possibilities with other faculty in Computer Science;
- Visualization and User Interfaces including work done in collaboration with interdisciplinary programs such as Bioinformatics and Computational Biology and Data Science;
- Robotics working in a cross-disciplinary program with faculty from Electrical & Computer Engineering and Mechanical Engineering;
- Data Science including in big data analytics, statistical learning, large-scale data management, data and text mining, and working in a cross-disciplinary program with faculty from Computer Science, Mathematical Sciences, School of Business, Sciences and Engineering; and
- Serious Games working with faculty in our Interactive Media & Game Development as well as our Learning Sciences & Technologies interdisciplinary programs.
In addition to these specific areas, outstanding candidates in any area will receive full consideration. Candidates should have a PhD in Computer Science or a closely related field, and the potential for excellence in research and teaching.
Founded in 1865, WPI is one of the nation's first technological universities. A highly selective private university located within an hour of Boston, WPI is consistently ranked among the top 60 research institutions by US News & World Report. The university is home to an innovative and intensive project-based curriculum that empowers students with the knowledge and skills to address real world problems around the globe, an approach repeatedly cited for excellence by The Fiske Guide to Colleges and The Princeton Review.
Located in the heart of New England, WPI is surrounded by cultural and recreational opportunities. The UMass Medical Center, a large number of technology companies and many colleges and universities are located in the immediate area making it ideal for two-career families.
Questions about the hiring process should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should be submitted per instructions at http://careers.wpi.edu/. Specifically, tenure-track applicants should apply for positions in
- Robotics Engineering,
- Data Science,
- Serious Games, or
- Computer Science for Cybersecurity, Algorithms, Visualization, User Interfaces, and all other areas.
You will need to include detailed research and teaching statements, vitae and contact information for at least three references.
Review of applications will begin December 15, 2014 and continue until the position is filled.
To enrich education through diversity, WPI is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.