Faculty Positions Available in Computer Science
Looking for faculty colleagues who engage deeply in both research and teaching within a curriculum that embraces student projects and independent learning? Consider joining the faculty at WPI.
The Computer Science Department anticipates hiring multiple tenure-track faculty for the Fall of 2018 whose expertise is in the following areas:
- Robotics joining department faculty in our interdisciplinary program along with faculty from Electrical & Computer Engineering and Mechanical Engineering;
- Interactive Media and Game Development including novel interface design/immersive HCI, technical game development, mobile and networked games, virtual and augmented reality, games and learning, procedural content generation, and technical animation joining department faculty in our interdisciplinary program along with faculty from Humanities & Arts;
- Computational Neuroscience working with faculty in our Biology and Biotechnology department and our Bioinformatics and Computational Biology interdisciplinary program;
- Human-Computer Interaction;
- Visualization and Visual Analytics;
- Dependable Software Systems; and
- Algorithms, particularly with expertise that may be complementary to interdisciplinary programs in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, Data Science and Learning Sciences & Technologies.
In addition to these specific areas, outstanding candidates in any area will receive full consideration. Candidates should have a PhD in Computer Science or a closely related field, and the potential for excellence in research and teaching.
WPI's reputation as a rigorous and innovative university rests on the shoulders of its faculty. A highly selective, private technological university and one of the nation's first, WPI believes that when great minds work together, great advances follow. At WPI the boundaries to multidisciplinary collaboration are low---faculty members, students, and other partners work together on the real-world projects and purposeful research that are hallmarks of the WPI experience. We are most proud of a recent No. 1 ranking for "faculty who best combine research and teaching." (Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Ed, 2016). Located one hour west of Boston, the university's campus is in Worcester, Massachusetts, a thriving 21st century college city recognized as a growing hub of scientific and technological innovation.
Questions about the hiring process should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should be submitted per instructions at http://careers.wpi.edu/. Specifically, tenure-track applicants should apply for positions in
- Interactive Media & Game Development or
- Robotics Engineering or
- Neuroscience or
- Computer Science for Human-Computer Interaction, Visualization and Visual Analytics, Dependable Software Systems, Algorithms, and all other areas.
You will need to include detailed research and teaching statements, vitae and contact information for at least three references. Specific instructions for applying to these positions will be available soon.
The deadline for applications is December 15, 2017 with applications continuing to be considered after that date until the positions are filled.
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.