Next: Proposed Approach
Up: Thesis Proposal:
Previous: Conflict Resolution
This thesis will add to the work that has been done previously at
WPI on SiFAs. Although a platform for creating design
systems with SiFAs has been implemented it has limited negotiation
capabilities. The SINE system lacks a model for conflict resolution.
Some of the questions that need to be answered are:
- What are suitable conflict resolution strategies for SiFAs?
- What are all possible types of conflicts that might arise among
agents of different function?
- On what basis can these conflicts be classified?
- What strategies should the agents use during negotiation?
- What knowledge do the agents need to be able to negotiate?
- How should the negotiation process be implemented?
- Are there commonalities between the negotiation knowledge of the agents
such that the knowledge common to a group of agents may be stored
as an abstraction and inherited by the agents?
- Are there patterns of communication, that is, a series of messages,
between certain pairs of agents that
are repeated frequently?
Fri Mar 24 15:30:13 EST 1995